5 of the Best…Scented Candles for Men
Back to Barrington Watch Winders Blog
Why should the girls get all the fun when it comes to candles? If you're a man who enjoys ambient light and great scents, the association between candles and femininity is just plain unfair. With this in mind, our watchwinder experts have brought their fine sensibilities and masculine tastes to bear as they set out to uncover the very best scented candles for man caves.
1. Molton Brown – Black Peppercorn Three Wick Candle (£60)Now this is a candle with firepower. Boasting three wicks, this bad boy from Molton Brown releases a good dose of masculine, peppercorn-infused scent with a softer vetiver base and fresh, clear coriander top notes, ideal for blokes who like great smells. And it's massive which means it will last ages.
2. Hinoki Wood Candle, Muji (£4.95)At the smaller end of the scale, both in terms of price tag and size, is this treat from Muji. Considered a sacred wood in Japan, these small and unostentatious candles release its awesome scent which falls somewhere between moss and lemon.
3. Acqua di Parma Yellow Cube Candle (£63.00)The classic gentleman's scent, Acqua di Parma has been distilled into this bold, unfussy candle which looks pleasingly minimal and smells every bit as good as its cologne counterpart.
4. Tobacco Candle, MALIN + GOETZ (£37.00)Rich, deep, sumptuous and definitely masculine, this good-looking, unpretentious candle is packed with smooth smoky aromas, with a very subtle touch of sweetness which will make your man cave smell stupidly good. Trust us.
5. Shinola Candle (£45.00)Cult Detroit-based brand Shinola is on the rise, and its bloke-friendly scented candle is a real winner, combining un-fussy looks with amazing scents of smoke, leather and a touch of shoe polish which might sound weird, but has to be smelled to be believed. Do you use candles in your man cave? Are you tempted to give scented candles a go after checking out our top picks? Have your say and flag up your favourites below.
Time Keeping accuracy
All things watch related
Keep reading for all things watch related...
3 of the Best…Pieces of Luxury Luggage for Men
With summer tantalisingly just around the corner, you’ve probably already got your summer escape on lock down. We all know that the best place to keep your timepiece is in...MORE
6 WhatsApp Hacks That Will Upgrade Your Chats
Whether you’ve left an acquaintance on “two blue ticks” for two weeks and can’t face the social awkwardness of getting back to them after such a long time, can’t handle...MORE
How to Start Your Watch Collection
Whether you’re a dedicated horophile (that’s a timepiece lover to you and me) or just have one beauty that you keep in style in your Barrington watch winder, there’s no denying...MORE