5 of the Best...Men's Hats for Summer 2016
Back to Barrington Watch Winders Blog
If you've been keeping your timepiece in perfect working order in a Barringtons single watchwinder you'll know only too well that, yes, it's officially summertime. The weather may be lurching between soggily autumnal and blazingly Mediterranean, but with a return of the sunshine, we're feeling distinctly summery. With the Great British Summer in the air, we've been on a quest to discover the finest headwear for gentlemen this 2016, perfect for keeping you cool while ensuring you look hot. Here are our favourites this season:
1. Napoli Sisal Hat, Lock & Co. Hatters via Mr Porter (£215)Modelled on the classic Panama hat and woven from textural, rugged and durable sisal, this is the perfect laid back summertime hat with enough style points for smarter looks too. Take it to the playground or punting.
2. Gareth Suede Cap, Maison Michel via Matches (£415)The baseball cap is back in fashion land, only this time it's had a luxe overhaul. From leather panels to sleek suede editions, to make sure “the cap fits” choose a luxurious finish like this suede beauty's.
3. Fedora Hat, Saint Laurent via Farfetch (£460)Minimalistic and ridiculously cool. Keep the sun off in this beautifully made, wide-brimmed monochrome fedora from Saint Laurent this summer.
4. Classic Logo Cap, Hugo Boss via House of Fraser (£39)If you're not a fan of the luxe baseball cap trend, opt for a true classic. This Hugo Boss staple is so classic it almost has a vintage feel while retaining a touch of class.
5. Ramone Raffia Trilby, French Connection (SALE £9)Here's a summer sale bargain worth snapping up, which looks a whole lot more suave than its tiny price tag suggests. Less “look at me” than a panama or a fedora, but without the trilby's typically warmer fabrics, this raffia number hits the perfect note for summer 2016. Do you love a good summer hat? What is your preferred style? Share your personal picks for the season with other readers below.
Time Keeping accuracy
All things watch related
Keep reading for all things watch related...