5 of the Best...Debonair Dressing Gowns for Gentlemen
Back to Barrington Watch Winders Blog
A beautiful timepiece kept ticking in a superb single watch winder may be a sign of a gentleman with class, but a debonair dressing gown will seriously take your suave level up a notch or three. The Heff is a famous dressing gown wearer. The Big Lebowski's Dude was fond of his. Arthur Dent of the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy travelled across time and space in one. Clearly, a fine dressing gown is the mark of a debonair gent. Here are 5 of the finest specimens currently available, perfect for putting on and feeling like the proverbial don in your man cave. Preferably with a snifter of top drawer scotch.
1. Silk Large Paisley Gown in Burgundy (£1,750), Turnbull & AsserImage Source Ridiculously decadent, ludicrously luxurious, exquisitely made. Purveyors of prime gentlemen's finery Turnbull & Asser have some sublime dressing gowns available for the truly debonair gent. This particular beauty is made from woven jacquard English silk, tailored to perfection.
2. Silk Gown in Navy (£1,200), Hilditch & KeyImage Source Prefer something a little more simple, but equally suave? This three-pocketed, fully piped silk gown boasts decadent silk, stand-out tailoring and simply spot on construction. Luxurious, but not flamboyant.
3. Wine Red with Large White Spots Silk Dressing Gown (£750), BuddImage Source A truly classic design from respected British shirt makers, Budd. This beauty lists Foulard printed silk, a shawl collar, three traditional patch pockets and contrasting white coloured silk piping amongst its many desirable qualities.
4. Houndstooth Velour Viken Bathrobe (£98.00), PellevavareImage Source Looking for something a little more imposing? The wide shawl collar of this bathrobe gives the design an especially magisterial air. Combined with houndstooth velour cotton and generous tailoring, this is a fine piece of night (and day) wear.
5. Checked Wool Dressing Gown (£330), Derek RoseImage Source Traditional, but with that extra touch of decadence. Crafted from superbly soft wool, this design features turn up cuffs, classic lapels and a tassel tie belt. The swagger and suavity is up to you. Are you a dressing gown man? How often do you don a dressing gown and put your feet up? Do you have a preferred style? Silk or wool? Have your say below.
Time Keeping accuracy
All things watch related
Keep reading for all things watch related...
3 of the Best…Pieces of Luxury Luggage for Men
With summer tantalisingly just around the corner, you’ve probably already got your summer escape on lock down. We all know that the best place to keep your timepiece is in...MORE
6 WhatsApp Hacks That Will Upgrade Your Chats
Whether you’ve left an acquaintance on “two blue ticks” for two weeks and can’t face the social awkwardness of getting back to them after such a long time, can’t handle...MORE
How to Start Your Watch Collection
Whether you’re a dedicated horophile (that’s a timepiece lover to you and me) or just have one beauty that you keep in style in your Barrington watch winder, there’s no denying...MORE